Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Households, for example:
- To free up valuable space within the home
- To de-clutter the house when preparing it for sale
- To bridge the gap between one home and another
- When moving from a large home to a smaller one
- To store possessions if going abroad
- For storing seasonal items such as clothes and sports equipment
- For storing bulky leisure items like skis or windsurfers, bicycles or canoes
Businesses, for example:
- As a small-scale archiving facility – to free up valuable office space by storing documents and files that can be easily retrieved when needed
- For storing seasonal inventory or excess inventory
- For storing office equipment during a move
- As a small-scale distribution facility for inventory, stock or spares
- For use by sales representatives for storing sales samples
- For tools or equipment
Specialist or one-off storage, for example:
- Classic cars, motorcycles or any collector’s vehicle
- Smaller boats
- You can store almost anything at Vaultra Self-Storage as long as it’s not perishable, flammable or illegal! You cannot store gas, any flammable items, fireworks, perishable foods or materials, dangerous chemicals, goods of an illegal nature or live animals.
- At Vaultra Self-Storage we have solved many strange storage problems – in the past we have stored specialty vehicles, boats, etc.
- We have self-storage units ranging in various sizes from small to large. If you’re wondering whether anyone can store what you have – ask us!
Vaultra Self-Storage units range in various sizes from 50 square feet to 300 square feet. For your convenience, please find below a packing and storage calculator to estimate your unit size requirements.
If you require further assistance, please feel free to call us and one of our staff would be happy to assist you.
No problem just let us know
- You can change your unit/space at short notice and we will help you as long as we have the space available
- There’s no charge for changing units and you will be invoiced only for the unit you use, as you use it
- Talk to the staff at Vaultra Self-Storage and they’ll show you the alternatives
As long as you wish
- The minimum is one full billing month. For example, if you move into your unit on March 20th, you will be required to rent the unit till April 30th
- There is no maximum stay
Usually you can move in straight away
- the same day
- or by arrangement, at your convenience
We ask for 1 month notice prior to moving out. This allows us to serve other potential tenants with self-storage needs on wait lists.
No you don’t have to but…
- It may be that you can get a discount for any long term rentals
- It may help us to give you a more suitable unit if we know how long you will be staying, approximately
- Each self-storage facility has slightly different opening hours according to the needs of their customers
- You can make special arrangements with your local facility if you need access outside business hours, our store staff are there to help
- You are required to put your own lock on the rented self-storage unit and hold the key to the lock.
- You can bring your own padlock
- Or you can buy a padlock when you arrive
- WE DO NOT KEEP A KEY – YOU ARE THE ONLY KEYHOLDER
Please bring the following:
- Two forms of ID, one should be photographic (driver’s license, passport etc.)
- Payment (direct debit info, credit/debit card, cheque or cash)
- An alternative contact name address and phone number
- A padlock (we sell them if you forget)
Any way you wish
- Payments are based on a calendar month
- The best way is to pay by Visa debit, because you can fill out the form and then forget about it. If you choose direct debit, please bring with you the relevant information
- We accept credit/debit card
- We accept cheques
- We accept cash
- HST/GST is charged based on provincial requirements
At any time during our opening hours
- And remember access is FREE!
- And unlimited
We do recommend that you do
- We provide a basic amount of content insurance coverage. Please ask our staff about the coverage amount.
- Additional insurance coverage can be purchased for a nominal amount to protect your valued goods. Please ask our staff about insurance premium rates for additional coverage.