Frequently Asked Questions
Self-storage is needed for various situations.
- Free up valuable space within your home
- De-clutter your house when preparing for staging to sell
- Bridge the gap between one home and another
- When moving from a large home to a smaller one
- Store possessions if travelling abroad
- Seasonal changeover of items such as winter tires, outdoor furniture, décor and clothes
- Bulky leisure items and sports equipment including skis, bicycles or canoes
- Free up valuable office space by archiving documents and files that can be easily retrieved when needed
- Store seasonal or excess inventory
- Office equipment during a move
- Store inventory, samples or stock
- Store tools or equipment
- Classic cars, trucks, motorcycles or any vehicle
- Smaller boats
Select Vaultra Storage locations have outdoor vehicle parking.
- You can store almost anything at Vaultra Storage as long as it’s not flammable or illegal. You cannot store gas, foods, dangerous chemicals or live animals.
- We have self-storage units ranging in various sizes from small to large. If you’re wondering whether we can store what you have – ask us!
Vaultra Storage units range in various sizes from 25 square feet to 300 square feet. The height of the storage units are between 6.5 and 8 feet. Please view our Storage Unit Size Guide or our Unit Size Calculator to determine the right size for you. If you require further assistance, please feel free to call us and one of our experts will be happy to assist you.
- You can change your unit size on short notice, and we will accommodate you if we have the space available
- There’s no charge for changing units and you will be invoiced only for the unit you use
- Talk to the staff at Vaultra Storage and they’ll show you the alternatives
- The minimum rental period is one full billing cycle.
- There is no maximum length of stay
Typically, you can move in fairly quickly if we have units available. This can be as quickly as the same day or the next day. Please contact a location near you to reserve a unit.
You do not need to inform us on how long you will be renting the unit for. However, it is always beneficial to let our staff know.
Our hours of operation vary by location. Please check the location near you.
If you need access outside of business hours, you can make special arrangements with your local site. Our Vaultra Storage staff pride ourselves on customer service and are happy to accommodate you.
No, Vaultra Storage does not hold a key to any storage units. You are required to put your own lock on the rented self-storage unit and hold the key to the lock.
However, if requested with written authorization, Vaultra Storage will hold a key for customers to pass on to specific individuals to access their unit.
Yes, we do have locks available for purchase on site. Alternatively, you may bring your own lock.
- Two forms of identification, one with photo ID (i.e. driver’s license or passport)
- Payment (direct debit information, credit card, debit card, cheque or cash)
- A secondary contact name, address and phone number
- Lock (we sell them if you do not have one)
A credit card is not required to reserve a unit. Customers can reserve a unit directly online, through telephone and in person without providing a credit card. There are no penalties for cancelling a reservation prior to move-in.
- The best way is to pay by credit card (VISA or MasterCard) or debit. All you have to do is fill out the form and then forget about it.
- We accept the following methods of payment in person and online:
- Credit card (VISA and MasterCard)
- Debit card
- Cheque/draft/money order
- HST/GST is charged based on provincial requirements
- Payments are based on your billing cycle
You may access your belongings at any time. We have 24-hour gate access at most locations. Please check a location near you for opening hours.
When renting a storage unit, a protection plan is mandatory in order to protect your belongings. We offer the following protection plans:
- Tier 1: Covers up to $5,000
- Tier 2: Covers up to $10,000
- Tier 3: Covers up to $15,000
- Tier 4: Covers up to $25,000
We do not provide protection on vehicles. Customers must have their own insurance on vehicles.
Heated units keep the storage unit above 8 degrees Celsius so your belongings are protected from extreme temperatures. Climate controlled units regulate the humidity levels inside the units throughout the year and keep the temperature between 10 degrees Celsius and 25 degrees Celsius. Depending on the items you are storing, it may not be necessary to rent one of these units. Please speak with a Vaultra Storage staff member to evaluate your needs.
Due to liability reasons, our staff are not able to help lift or move any of your belongings.
We have top of the line 4MP IP security cameras and PTI gate access systems at our facilities. We have state of the art high-definition camera systems with motion capture and control with strategic coverage throughout the facility and 24/7 motion recording. Our computerized gate entry system with keypad allows you to safely pull up to the keypad and enter your code to proceed to your storage unit.